Wool carpet isn’t just lovely on the eye and to touch. It’s a product with a whole range of qualities we sometimes overlook.
So what are the benefits this natural floor covering brings to your home?
- Wool is a non-allergenic fibre and it does not promote the growth of bacteria or give off harmful emissions.
- Wool helps stabilise the relative humidity of your living space by absorbing or releasing moisture in response to high or low atmospheric humidity.
- Wool resists compression due to the ‘natural crimp’ of the fibres.”
- Wool is an excellent insulator and acoustic damper.
- Wool ages gracefully and holds on to its aesthetic characteristics longer than synthetic fibres.
- Wool is naturally resistant to soil (ie, dirt).
- Wool is naturally flame-retardant and is specified for applications subject to the most stringent flammability regulations.
- Wool is recyclable and biodegradable.
- Wool carpets are produced by the leading manufacturers using environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, and safe methods.
- Wool is a natural, renewable resource.
- … and that’s because it mainly comes from sheep!